The Garmin Forerunner 230
The 230 belongs to Garmin’s entry category of heart rate monitor watches. It is a well put together and feature rich watch which is ideal for runners looking to take their training to the next level. In our opinion it compares better to the likes of the TomTom Cardio Runner and Adidas SmartRun and unless you are planning to do an ironman/triathlon in the very near future, this is the best running watch you can currently get.
This Garmin watch is intended for recreational runners and occasional marathoners.
Summary of features;
- Colorful graphic interface which shows your HR zones and beats per minute at a glance
- Tracks distance, pace and heart rate
- Built-in accelerometer records distance indoors
- Connected features¹: automatic uploads to Garmin Connect™, live tracking, social media sharing
- Compatible with advanced workouts and free training plans from Garmin Connect